Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vermont

                                         Beth and me
                                        Helen and Beth
                                        The three sisters
                                        The "homestead"

This weekend was a big one. It was my first time away from Jacob overnight. Dan was home with the boys while I flew to Vermont for Grampy's memorial service and burial. It was sad to say goodbye to him and to those memories I have at the house, which will probably be put on the market soon. But there were lots of happy memories, too, and that's what I try to dwell on. Due to the nature of the visit, I didn't take a whole lot of  "people" photos, but I did take lots of the house and property and a few of family members. It was kind of like a reunion and I enjoyed getting to see people I hadn't seen in a long time, even if it was only for a day. It was nice to have that time to be quiet and reflect, a luxury. And of course, I had to make the pilgrimage to the Mountainview creamie stand! I was glad to get home to the guys and see that they made out just fine (pizza and chocolate chip cookies seemed to help). Jacob's got a cold, but what's new ?  :-)

No comments: