Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jacob's Dedication/Mother's Day

Those who would like to see Jacob's dedication at church last Sunday, click here. Micah also sings in the preschool choir in this video. The kids sing, there's a video shown and then the dedication is around 15 minutes in, so you might want to fast-forward to there after you hear Micah sing. Also, for some reason, I had to load this video several times before the sounds would work, so you might have to, too. The dedication was our way of recognizing our desire to encourage Jacob to serve the Lord with his life. Ultimately, that will be his decision, but we pray that as he grows up and explores what it means to have faith, he will seek out Christ, the one who loves and teaches us what love is.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Micah gave me two sprouting flowers in little cups that he had made at school! This is special to me, since the first Mother's Day gift I got from him was a styrofoam cup with Happy Mother's Day written on it and a flower inside :-) From Jacob, I got a little laminated bookmark with his picture and his footprint :-) And Dan surprised me with a Kindle Fire e-reader, which this bookworm has been wanting! We went out to eat and even though it ended up being one of those times when you just have to get your food, and then get a to-go box and get the heck outta there, it was still special. It gave me a chance to reflect on how grateful I am for my family. Really, this holiday is about Dan and the boys too, since I wouldn't "qualify" without them! And, of course, we are thankful for our mothers who raised us in loving families and showed us how we ought to love each other.

No comments: