Thursday, May 17, 2012

First Word

Jacob loves this page in his farm animal book because the piggy makes the funniest sound!

I'm pretty sure that Jacob has a new word, other than Mama and Dada. It's "book"! Since he was just a few months old, I've been reading him a book before bed each night so he's familiar with the idea. I think his favorite is Goodnight Moon since he almost always picks that one out of a group of books. A couple of weeks ago we were looking at books in his room and he picked one up and said "book". I figured he was just putting sounds together until I realized that he was doing it repeatedly whenever we would go to the pile of books or when he would pick one up off the floor in the living room. We knew that he likes reading since he often chooses to leaf through, or chew on, a book when given a variety of toys to choose from. He also likes to turn the pages of board books himself when we read to him. So I guess I'm willing to call it at this point! I hope he continues to have a love for reading, just like his parents and big brother do.

No comments: