Friday, September 12, 2008

Walking and Water

We're still here! I've had to juice up the camera bettery so I haven't taken very many pictures this week, but I am working on getting a video of Micah's walking skills! He's able to traverse large swaths of flooring at a time now (read: a whole 3 feet!). Yesterday he walked out to me when I came to pick him up from daycare. Any minute I expect him to turn around and ask me, "Mom, can I borrow the care keys?" No really, it's fun to watch him take a few steps, get so excited and then fall down, get back up and try again. I'm sure that within the month, he'll be toddling across the kitchen floor like he was born doing it.

In other news, we are expecting to get hit with Hurricane Ike this weekend. It's not supposed to be like what Texas is getting, but we should get a lot of rain and some wind starting tonight. Several of the gas stations are empty because people kind of panic over this sort of thing, and can you blame them, given that many have probably been through Katrina and that mess? Anyway, I'm planning to stock up on essentials tonight just in case we need to "hunker" in place for the next couple of days. As long as there's no serious damage, a rainy weekend at home with movies and my family sounds pretty good right now.

No comments: