Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Paging Dr. Micah!

Micah is taking Jacob's blood pressure

A little after-school bonding with Daddy :-)

Micah getting dizzy on the swivel chair

Micah is loving his medical kit that he got for Christmas. In the video below, you can see him diagnose Jacob with an ear "inflection".  Hmmm... wonder where he got that idea?! I think he actually enjoyed getting to go to the Dr. with 'lil bro last week, that they were doing it together and now taking the same medicine. Thankfully, they are both healthy now. I can see the beginnings of the sibling rivalry. A few night's ago, Jacob was playing on the floor with Micah nearby. I stepped out of the room to wash my hands and I heard "No, Jacob!" I ran back in there and found him reaching desperately for the paper Micah was playing with. Micah had snatched it out of his hands. Jacob did not like being yelled at and he "yelled" right back! I'm glad that Micah understands that it's important to keep things like that away from Jacob right now, but I hope he shares his toys when they get to be older.We had to drop the crib mattress this week due to Jacob's new ability to get into a sitting position from a laying down one. He is trying to pull up on things, but for now can only manage to get one foot on the floor and one knee. So, dropping the crib gives me some peace of mind, especially when he wakes in the night and likes to play in there. Micah has had a good week at school and is currently studying families and the letter "A." He gets "homework" sheets to bring home each Friday now so we can reinforce what they are learning. This week we made a collage of family photos so that each child can introduce the class to his or her family on Friday, show-and-tell day at school.

No comments: