Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


The video above is one of the cutest I have taken of the boys. You can see how protective Micah is of his little brother. It's just so sweet and a perfect Valentine's Day video. I know that as they both get older there will be days when they are getting on each others' nerves so I am saving this moment to show them the love! We had a very nice surprise yesterday...a snow day! We had fun outside building a snowman and I even stuck Jacob in the snowsuit and propped him up where he could see the action. As you can probably tell he is ready for a nap in these photos, but I think he enjoyed himself just the same. We had just gotten a book from the library called Snow Day. So of course it was doubly fun for Micah to see the real thing when he woke up Monday morning. Althought Dan had to work he did go in later so we had some time all together in the morning. It is our first snow this year, and probably our last.
Ooo, Mama it's cold!
Is this an awesome snowman, or what?

The brothers



Today is Micah's big Valentine's Day party at school. Over the weekend we decorated a shoe box for receiving valentines, There is a contest today for the best decorated box, so we'll see if he wins! We also made valentines for his classmates and teachers. I'm sure he'll come home way hyper on sugar and probably have pink frosting coming out of his ears, but what's a holiday without a few sweets when you're a kid? :-)

My new hair, and a sleepy boy.

So a few weeks ago, I got a haircut. A short one. Some might call it a "mom" cut  but I prefer to think of it as a "only takes a few minutes to fix so I can get up later" cut. It's so funny to see how Micah has reacted to this. When I first got it, he asked me if I was a boy now. I guess having short hair makes you a boy :-) This precipitated a conversation on how both men and women wear their hair lots of ways. Yesterday as I was tucking in for a nap, he said, "Mama, your hair looks like a funny flower." He said this straight-faced. I could not help but laugh and we both ended up laughing so hard! (Which might be the reason he ended up not taking a nap...) I have no idea what he was thinking of and I admit it was kind poofy that day. I guess a flower wouldn't be so bad, but it's the "funny" part that I'm not too sure about!

No comments: