Monday, February 20, 2012

Learning

Micah's homework :-) He wrote the names in brown all by himself! (He forgot the "A" in the first one so he wanted to start over)

Jacob crawling!

Both boys are learning lots of new things right now. Micah is doing so well with writing his name and other letters and numbers. Since he has "homework" for the weekends, we get to see what he can do! His teacher says he is also very good at using the scissors when they are making projects at school and that's one of his favorite things to do at home too. Jacob is now crawling acorss the floor, trying to keep up with whatever Micah is doing! He's also going through a bit of separation anxiety, mostly at night, but he had a little trouble at the church nursery yesterday too. He's almost nine months, so that's to be expected. He's also learned another word: "Mama" :-) He's been able to say "Dada" for some time now, so I've been working on this one. It's funny how he imitates me, drawing out the "m" sound, just like I did when I was trying to teach him. "Mmmmma Mmmma." He knows that's the way to get me to come in and pick him up when he's wailing in the crib! It doesn't take kids long to learn these little things. Dan will be gone at a conference this week so it'll be me and the boys--wish me luck!

No comments: