Monday, August 29, 2011

Keeping Our Chins Up

Here's a cute video of Jacob enjoying tummy time. As you can see, he is doing a great job holding his head up. At daycare they are putting him in a Bumpo seat that helps him develop those muscles needed to  sit up. Unfortunately, his thighs are a bit too wide for the seat so I don't know how long that'll last :-) Today is Jacob's first full day in daycare. Dan took both boys in this morning so I wouldn't be focusing on that since today is also my first full day back at work. The goal is to just keep our chins up this week and navigate these new waters as best we can. On Saturday Dan watched the boys while I headed to a children's consignment sale with a friend. It was nice to get out for awhile and to get some really great deals on gently used clothing for the winter. I even scored a Spider-Man coat for Micah--that's his latest favorite thing. On Sunday night we went to our church's back to school bash, complete with inflatables, snow cones and hot dogs--in short, kid heaven. It took Micah a couple of tries before he got up the nerve to go down the big slide with the older kids, but he managed! A little girl came up to Jacob and me and said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that's the chubbiest baby I've ever seen!" I told her I wasn't offended at all, and that I preferred chubby babies :-) I'm so glad to hear that our family and friends on the East Coast made it through Irene ok. I know there's been quite a bit of destruction in some places. It seems like no region has been safe from extreme weather this year. I hope the winter is uneventful, in that aspect, this year.

No comments: