Monday, August 22, 2011

Firsts

 All ready for his first day of daycare!
 Micah enjoying the fruits of his labor
Well, I think we've finally done it (knock on wood). I think we're on the road to having Micah fully potty trained! Without going into too much detail, lets just say that we had a successful weekend with several reward parties :-) Micah loves parties, so we thought that would be a good incentive for him. What wouldn't he do for a chocolate cupcake with sprinkles? :-)

Today is Jacob's first day of daycare. I took him over at noon before I headed into work. I go back full-time next week so he'll be going in full days next week, but we thought a gradual start would be best. I hope he does well! I was encouraged to see a teacher in the nursery who Micah had when he started at this daycare over two years ago. It made me feel a little bit better about leaving him when I could turn him over to her instead of someone I didn't know as well. She's a wonderful, sweet lady. I know it's a good daycare/preschool he's going to--great facilities and teachers, low turnover, educational programming even for the babies--and that helps. There's a little boy in there only 7 weeks old. I feel blessed to have had these twelve weeks with Jacob. But it still hurts.

No comments: