Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where does it go?

Laundry day
John and Becky with Micah



Most people can't remember this far back, but I'm sure at one time, we were all fascinated by the drain in the tub or the sink. I mean, where does all that water go? Some kids are frightened that they will be dragged down the hole too, but I think Micah's curiosity covers over most fears he has. When we brought out the shop vac for the first time, he stared and stared. Then he started following it around. Then, he tried to stick his hand up to the end to see how it worked. He just loves it. This video in the tub just illustrates the point. We go through this every night!

In the photo above, Micah is helping me with the laundry. I had dumped the clothes out on the couch to fold and put back in the basket. He came over, explored every part of the basket, put a few pair of underwear in his mouth (clean ones, of course!) and then started dropping socks and such in the basket. I was so proud of my little helper! I'm sure he was thinking why is mom going crazy over a sock?

The next photo is a shout out to my friends John and Becky Lawrence (and a certain baby Lawrence on the way :-)) John is currently running for PA rep, so any of you people out there in his district--vote!

No comments: