Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Steps?

When I picked Micah up from daycare yesterday, the teacher said he had taken several steps unassisted--toward the toys, of course. My first reaction was "how great!" but I feel kinda sad that I had to hear about it secondhand. Dan says it doesn't count as his "first" since we weren't there to witness it. So for now, we'll keep it hush hush. We also got his new carseat in the mail, so we'll be switching over to that this weekend. I'm sure he'll be much more comfortable in this one since his little legs are dangling over the side of the one we currently have! We also ordered two gates--one for the laundry room (the kitty's box is in there and apparently, irresistable to babies) and one for the hallway (so we can keep him in the living room while we're in there eating dinner, etc.). Well, Dan set up the gate in the laundry room and stepped back to watch what would happen. Micah walked right up to the thing, surveyed the situation, and promptly ripped it right down and crawled over it. I think we're going to need a bigger gate!

Dan's first day of classes went well. I guess he had a few more students than expected in the history of musical theatre class--the class was listed in both theater and music so he had students from both. But everyone seemed on the ball. We went to a cookout at the dept. chair's house last night for all theatre faculty and students. It was nice to meet all the kids--hopefully we can find a few babysitters in the group. Today will be his first day to teach the directing class.

We're having a the first days of class at HSU too so since I'm in the community and university relations class. I'm required to wear a t-shirt that says "Henderson: Ask Me" and stand out on the quad. I'm supposed to be able to tell people where poli sci is or how to get to the car decal office? Yeah. Maybe I can get a shirt that says "Henderson: Ask Somebody Else." Oh those poor freshmen.

No comments: