Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter!


hunting for eggs

"Ooh, mom can I eat the whole thing?"

Look what the East Bunny brought!

Pics with EB at the community egg hunt

"You're my bestest bud, EB!"

on the hunt...

"1,2,3, Go A's!"

Our lil' slugger is ready for the first game

Jacob loves the playset at the sports complex


We are nearing the end of the semester, and I'm so glad! It's like a test to see if we can keep all of the balls in the air at this time of year, and I have a feeling I'm dropping a few, (and maybe losing a few marbles as well.) We had a fun Easter with the boys. There was a community-wide egg hunt on Saturday afternoon. The Easter Bunny was in attendance :-) On Sunday, the boys found their baskets hidden in the house  and opened gifts from the grandparents. We went to church and talked about why we celebrate this holiday. (It's hard to find an accessible way to talk about Jesus' death and resurrection, two concepts that many children don't know a lot about. So we read the story, make tombs out of graham crackers, talk about Jesus rising up on the clouds, and pray that at least some of it will sink in, in a way they can understand.)  Then we came home, ordered Easter dinner from a local restaurant and took a relaxing walk around the neighborhood. After the crazy few weeks we've had, that was just right. We Skyped and talked with family, which was the perfect evening to our day. Saturday was also Micah's first t-ball game. He loved wearing his #6 uniform, batting and playing in the outfield. Even though they didn't win, the team played hard and it seemed like they were getting the hang of things by the end. The coach and the parents were very positive and encouraging, for which I am grateful. I took him out for ice cream and chicken nuggets afterwards :-) Jacob wasn't with me for the game, but he usually comes with us to practices and plays on the playset, as long as there aren't too many "big kids" climbing on it. Last week, he decided to find some playmates. He introduced himself to all of the others playing there announcing, "Hi, I'm Jacob," to each person. It worked! A little 4-yr-old girl immediately went over and began playing with him. After which he pronounced, "Mama, this is my friend! This is my best friend!" The two played for the rest of the night. He amazes me with his openness.

No comments: