Thursday, July 25, 2013

Making Memories

Headed to the lake!

Reading the scrapbooks

His Native American name would be "Crazy Hair"

We spent a nice morning at the lake, and despite the depressed look on Jacob's face at the door, he really was excited to go :-) Micah's really into snorkling now, so he brought his set with him. He also practices in the bathtub and has begun teaching Jacob how to blow bubbles and put his face under the water.

Jacob's appointment for allergies went really well last week. The test came back negative and Jacob handled the testing very well--no crying at all. Although it doesn't really help us treat his asthma better, at least we know it isn't some hidden allergen that's been contributing to his occasional flareups.

I am going through a big shift in my job right now. Over the past few months, my responsibilities for media buying (most of my job) were outsourced to a consulting firm as part of a large overhaul of our dept. We still have an interim boss and it's been a year since our former one left and we've been waiting on direction. To replace the work I lost, I've been given responsibilities with social media and am figuring all of that out now. I think my job description has done a 180. It's stressful but also good to feel like I am "useful" again. Dan is gearing up for the start of a new semester and is working on a review for a theatre publication. Since this is tenure year for him, it will be busy, no doubt. Micah is starting kindergarten so it will also be a big year of change for him. There is always some apprehension at the start of the academic year  in the fall, since we all go to school in one way or another. Somehow it all comes together....if we can just make it through October :-)

No comments: