Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hot!


It's hot and dry down here! It was 106 yesterday and it's getting up there already and it's not even noon. We haven't had a decent rain in so long. I hope our poor AC can hold out. We are getting it replaced on Wednesday since it's slowly dying. Just a couple more days! I posted the video above of Jacob learning to open the cabinets. It's the first time he's really showed an interest in that. I guess we'll be putting those safety locks back on now. It was a little more bearable weather-wise this weekend. Dan was at a Rangers game with some friends from church and the kids and I hung out at home. I set up the kiddie pool in the backyard and we all splashed around in that to keep cool under the trees. Jacob was not too sure about the water--I think it was still a bit too chilly in the shade for him. He was more interested in trying to stuff handfuls of pine needles and grass into his mouth! While Jacob napped, Micah painted on the porch. He loves to mix colors and he swirled them all together in a bowl of water, which you can see in this picture.

No comments: