Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Relay for Life

This is a rare non kid-centric post, but I thought I'd go ahead and write a brief update on how the Relay went since several family members sent donations and expressions of support for this event. As a whole, the Clark County teams raised over $60,000 to be used by the American Cancer Society for research for a cancer "cure", to support caregivers and people with cancer, and for cancer awareness. I posted a photo of our team sign above but have avoided posting any of team members since I don't know how they feel about being on the Internet! Our team alone raised over $3,000 in multiple fundraisers throughout the year. We had a wonderful group of committed volunteers and I know that the event was an important way for them to remember their loved ones and do something proactive about cancer. Thanks to all who participated in any way. Every bit counts.

No comments: