Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Long time no see




Well, I know the blog's been on hiatus for quite awhile. We've had several bouts with illness, visit from both sets of grandparents and are just now getting back to regular life, hence the break. We had a great time with Grammy and Pop Pop from Delaware before Easter where we celebrated Grammy's and Daddy's birthdays, visited the Mid-America Science Museum in Hot Springs and just had fun. Then we enjoyed our time with Gramma Lynn and Papa Rog from Wisconsin over Easter. Many Easter egg hunts were completed and Easter baskets were opened :-) Dan safely returned from his trip to England, and although he did get quite an awful virus while there, managed to recover and enjoy parts of that trip. Hopefully, he'll be returning for a longer visit in the next few years. I have included a  video of Jacob playing at his favorite new game, knocking down towers of blocks! If I can upload it I will also inlcude one of  the boys playing together. I am always worried that Micah, in his brotherly exuberance will get too rough with Jacob. It is probably a good thing that he never was a "tiny" baby and can hold his own quite nicely most of the time. But Jacob just loves a little roughing-up from Micah. I've tried to take a cautious backseat to some of this play just because I know that giant grin on Jacob's face when Micah's playing means he's just fine. Jacob's started packing away the solid food now so I think we're set for another growth spurt. I just hope he's the type of kid who can move to a toddler bed early. Because I don't know how much longer I'll be able to lift him up and over that crib rail! On the plus side, I've got some serious biceps.


No comments: