Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ppppbbbbttt!

 Munchkin is learning to sit up on his own!

 And he prefers to sleep on his tummy...don't worry, I always put him to sleep on his back, but he turns over in the night.

Micah and Jacob playing together in the living room.

The colorful train is his favorite part!



I posted a few photos and videos from the last couple of days. Jacob continues to be more mobile than ever! The videos are from last night...just the boys playing together. And you can see Jacob's latest form of communication, razzing. He does it all the time! I think he's trying to cut a tooth or two, hence the drooling and razzing, but nothing yet. It's just so cute I had to show you all. Micah's official birthday is tomorrow. He is really taking it seriously, saying things like "I can do xxx because I'm 4 now."  :-)  Last night while the boys were playing with the book on the floor (recognize it, Aunt Mim?),  he excused himself saying he had to go take care of the baby because he was crying. He then took his Pooh bear into our bedroom, shut the door,  turned off the light and rocked the bear for several minutes before emerging and saying that the baby was ok now. He then laid the bear down in the cradle which is still set up in our bedroom. It was the cutest things ever. He did this whole thing so seriously, as if it was a real baby. He loves helping with Jacob. I find that the key to harmony with him is to give him a way to help! He is very good at helping with dinner and is learning how to set the table, mix ingredients for me and refill the napkin holder. Of course, all this new-found independance is also causing some power struggles at home, but I think we will weather it ok :-)



No comments: