Monday, April 18, 2011

T-minus 6 weeks and counting...



We're entering the final stage of this pregnancy, thank God! I think baby Jacob and I are both feeling a bit cramped at this point, but overall, I can't complain. The weather has remained cool and I've had no medical problems. I'm in the exhaustion/burst of energy stage right now so I alternate between resting and doing as many of the 20 things that need to be done right now, done. Now that Dan's show is over he'll be able to put the nursery together and do some of those other projects that probably won't get done unless they happen before baby arrives. We've been talking to Micah about Jacob coming. I have showed him the photo albums of himself as a baby and we talk about how when Jacob comes he will look like that. So far, Micah has said that he wants to play with him and teach him how to pee-pee in the potty since he is a big boy and knows how to do that :-) I had a wonderful shower put on by my coworkers at Henderson a few weeks ago. We received lots of cute outfits, diapers and a few odds and ends we can certainly use. Even though we have most of the things we will need already, it is nice to get to "celebrate" this baby, too. Now that it's so much closer to when we will meet Jacob, I'm getting a little nervous about the birth, but mostly about how we will all handle two children! So far, my conclusion is-- one day at a time.

2 comments:

Dave Yacovone said...

"One day at a time" is ALWAYS my mantra. "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself".

Dave Yacovone said...

It's actually, Debbie Yacovone but I'm sure Dave would say the same thing. LOL