Monday, August 23, 2010

Bathtime!






Micah was making bubble beards in the tub last night :-) I have the cutest video of him laughing but until I find a way to edit out certain "bits," I won't be putting it online! Instead, here are a few photos I took too. We had a great weekend doing our usual things--visiting the library, going to Wal-Mart (which was crazy because of all the students moving back into dorms this weekend) and hanging out in the pool on the porch. Our refrigerator is covered with colored pictures of jungle animals, last week's theme at daycare. He had finished a unit on bugs the week before and I'm glad to get those projects out of the kitchen! We did get word that some of our friends who have a son Micah's age are moving, so we're sad to say goodbye to them. But that's the life in academia--last minute moves and new places to live. I'm glad it's our turn to stay put for awhile.
SPOILER ALERT: All those who don't wish to be party to potty training talk can now exit this blog.
Micah is doing well with potty training and had many successes! I had put him in his room for naptime and a little while later we heard him saying "Daddy, I made pee pees!" We figured he was just trying to delay falling asleep as long as possible by faking that he had to go. But to our surprise he had stripped himself down and used the potty all by himself :-) We were so proud. Two mini M&Ms for you, little man!

No comments: