Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! We will be making the trek back to Corinth for the day! We're so thankful for him and for our friends and family that have stood by us through our nomadic life and stayed in contact. Here's a video depicting one thing Micah is thankful for. I just have to brag on him for a minute. I had a book out with a bathtub scene on the page this weekend. Earlier, we had been playing with Micah's rubber duckie--"duckie" is one of the first words he could imitate. Whenever he talks, it's hard to know whether he really understands the meaning behind a word, or whether he's just imitating the sounds he hears us say. Anyway, I held up the page and asked him if he could point to the duckie since he seemed to really be concentrating for the moment. He looked at both pages for a moment, then pointed right to the duckie. Now, it could have been a fluke, but I think he really was able to recognize that item! I was so proud. It seems like everyday he understands a little bit more. I'm thankful that we get to be a part of his discoveries.

No comments: