Wednesday, July 9, 2008


Preferred method of sleeping A Newspaperman in the making


Crawling

Micah can get himself into all kinds of strange positions when he sleeps. The first photo is how I found him one night when I went to check on him before going to bed. Don't ask me how he gets like that, but he does. Frequently, I'll find him still on his hands and knees, fast asleep. Apparently, he just plays in the crib and then conks out in the middle of it all.

He loves playing with all the newspaper we've got lying around to use for packing material. Anything that makes a crinkly noise goes in his mouth! I've taken to keep everything I can up high where he can't reach it now, or he'd be covered with ink.

The video is one of him crawling. He really gets around well now and can step over to where I am if someone holds his hands. He's trying to stand up by himself which entails him crawling over to where one of us is sitting, pulling up on our knees, then our neck, then letting go with one hand, then slowly attempting to let go with the other. Of course, this ends in him falling on his bum, but then the process starts all over again. You'd think he'd get bored doing the same thing over and over! He often tries to do this while holding a toy in one hand. I guess he hasn't figured out that if he dropped the toy he might be able to balance better :-)

No comments: