Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Partytime

Micah's stage debut.
"Do you think I'll have this much hair someday?"
The above sketch was a gift from my coworkers--they threw me a goodbye party yesterday even though I'll still be around for a few weeks. It's a sketch of Micah! My coworker's husband is a fine artist and does these black and whites from photographs. This one is from the blog--he's in the jumperoo. Last Saturday, the theatre recognized us on the occasion of Dan's last show. In the top picture, you can see that we brought Micah to the show (the cast watched over him backstage so I could see the show, and he was great although awake the whole time!) and at the end, they had all three of us come up on the stage and presented Dan with a framed copy of the program that had been signed by the cast and crew! I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers. So this has been a party week. I just love this middle picture of Micah feeling Dan's hair. He loves the texture of it, so he'll just stand up there and run his fingers back and forth through it and giggle. And you can see he's pretty good at standing while holding on to things.

No comments: