Monday, August 31, 2009

Pool & Pickles

We purchased a little blowup pool for Micah to splash around in on these hot Arkansas days.
He really enjoyed himself this weekend and was pretty prune-y by the time he was toweled off! Here he is getting water poured on him by daddy. The best part is we can set the pool up on the porch and avoid the mosquitos. They are so bad this year that even heavy applications of bug spray don't keep them away. I'm hoping the cooler weather will do them in. Calamine lotion might as well consider us shareholders for all of it we've used these last few weeks.


My favorite snack is pickles--dill and sweet. So I decided to give Micah a taste. As you can see, I don't think he shares my love. I like this video though, because he says this "no" with that questioning inflection all the time. It's almost like he's asking me if it's ok for him not to like it. Good thing he does like to eat some things--he's recently acquired a taste for fish sticks and cucumber and has started eating vegetables again! Woo hoo. I'm still planning to break out the Flintstones vitamins.

No comments: