Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bump in the Night

We knew it was inevitable, but it's not quite real until you hear that "thunk" in the other room. Micah figured out how to get out of the crib last night. Thankfully, there were no boo boos, but I think he was just as startled as the rest of us. We've got the mattress on the lowest setting and there were no items in the crib that could have given him a leg up so I guess he must have pulled himself up and swung a leg over the top bar and fell over the side. The side was still up, so we know that it held up to the weight. I guess this is just another thing to add to the list of changes we've seen in the last month. So far: no more eating breakfast at home--only at daycare; no more restraints in the high chair (we're fast moving toward no high chair at all); no more squishy foods (except for an occasional banana)--the new favorites include chicken nuggets and apple slices.

In other news, Dan and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday :-) I baked a peach pie for the occasion and we are going out on Friday, which I took off from work. When I think back to all the decisions I've made, marrying Dan is one of the best ones. Love you, babe!

No comments: