Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mmmmmm!

Micah is learning to feed himself. Here's a video of his "skill" at shoveling the spaghettios in! As you can see, there's not much spoon action, but at this point, I'm happy that he is grasping it hasn't thrown it on the floor.

WARNING: I fully embrace my right to mom-brag in these next few paragraphs: He did a couple of things this weekend that made me take note that he's growing up. I always talk at him about things and I wonder if he understands half of what I say. Yesterday, I told him that we needed to put our shoes on. I picked up his and went to go scoop him up like I usually do. Instead I found him sitting on the floor looking at me and pointing to his feet. I was so proud! Now if I could just get him to leave them on...

Also, this weekend we had been reading one of Micah's favorite books--"Old McDonald." He likes this book because it has rotating wheels you can manipulate to change the pictures on the pages. Anyway, I asked him what book he would like to read. He walked over and picked that book off the shelf, brought it to me and began singing "E-I-E-I-O," which is all of the song he can pronounce at this point! He loves to sing it with me and he just hums the other parts. I couldn't believe he recognized that book. I guess he really has been taking in more than I think he has.

No comments: